Our Programs bring together our members in ways that promote creativity, innovation, cooperation, healthy interactions with their peers, and learning. The 15 primary programs we offer fall into five main categories: The Arts, Health & Wellness, Education & Career Development, Leadership & Life Skills, and Athletics, Fitness & Recreation.
- Drama Matters: Our members put on an annual play at the end of the year.
- National Fine Arts Society: Monochromatic drawing, multicolored drawing, pastel, watercolor, oil/acrylic, printmaking, mixed media, collage, sculpture, and a collaborative group project!
- Photo Club: Through field trips and photo editing classes, our members learn the basics of digital photography.
Health and Wellness Programs
- Date SMART: Promotes mutually supportive relationships free of violence and abuse.
- SMART Girls: Offers young women (ages 8-17) guidance toward healthy attitudes and lifestyles, eating right, staying fit, the importance of getting good health care and more.
- Passport to Manhood: Reinforces the value of character, leadership and positive behavior through weekly meetings and Club activities.
- Healthy Habits: Our members are taught the benefits of developing healthy habits, eating smart and being physically active.
Education and Career Development
- BookNook: Our members learn vocabulary and reading comprehension skills through fun reading games and questions that gradually adapt in difficulty as our members’ reading ability grows.
- Power Hour: Power Hour is our homework club. Held in the Learning Center, members have a safe and inviting area to complete their school work.
- Lego Robotics: Our members compete in the FIRST LEGO League, a state-wide competition. Our Club team designs, builds and programs a robot to develop a solution to a real-world problem.
- My Future Essentials: Members learn essential computer basics which include typing and computer coding.
- NBGC Literacy Program: On Monday, October 25th, 2021 the Club opened the Reading Pod as part of a new Literacy Program. The Reading Pod is open to all Club members and will focus on collaborating with the Nantucket Public Schools to encourage daily reading among all ages.
Leadership and Life Skills
- Torch Club: Empowers our members to positively influence their Club and community, sustain meaningful relationships with others, and develop self-esteem.
- Member/Youth of the Month (YOM): Members of each age category (first grade, 2nd-6th grade, 7th grade and up) are awarded the title of first grader, member, or youth of the month based on their leadership skills at the Club, their participation in national Boys & Girls Club programs, and overall positive every-day demeanor. This is the foundation level of the Youth of the Year program.
Athletics, Fitness and Recreation
- Triple Play: Promotes physical activity, positive social recreational activities, and the adoption of small healthy changes to lead a healthy and happy life.
- Athletic Programs Offered: Flag football, soccer, cheerleading, field hockey, dodgeball league, basketball, lacrosse, golf, sailing, yoga and tennis