Become a volunteer for the Nantucket Boys & Girls Club!
We are always looking for volunteers interested in helping youth build life skills, learn about their community, and explore and develop their creativity. Volunteers can help children by reading to them, helping with homework, teaching skills in a computer lab, coaching a sports team, or assisting with arts and crafts projects. A variety of opportunities exist year-round.
We know how important and valuable your time is. Please know, being a volunteer here at the Club is an incredibly rewarding experience, and one that we very much appreciate! Each year over 100 community members volunteer their time here at the Club to help us to succeed in our mission “To empower the youth of Nantucket to reach their full potential”.
Daily Club Hours
|6:00-8:00 (ages 13 and up)|
|8:00-10:30pm (ages 13 and up)|
|7:00pm-10:00pm (ages 13 and up)|
Here are some of the ways you can help out at the club:
Program Volunteers are instrumental in helping the Club be successful day in and day out. Here are some examples of how you can help out with our Club members:
- Read a book with a child
- Help a child do homework on the computer
- Coach a sports team
- Teach classes on painting, cooking, sewing, dancing or drama
- Tutor kids who need help with homework
- Officiate a game
- Teach a group of kids how to surf the Web safely
- Coach cheerleading
- Run a pool, ping pong, or foosball tournament
- Lead a class on cultural diversity
- Help write or design the Club’s newsletters or advertisements
If you are interested in volunteering for a program please call 508.228.0158 or email Jamie Foster.
Office administration volunteers can help Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm to help with mailings, work on fundraising projects and provide general office assistance.
If you are interested in volunteering in administration, please call 508.228.0158 or email Jasmine Lee.
Event volunteers can help throughout the year by assisting with marketing and advertising, day of event registration and check-in and soliciting sponsorship and auction donations.
If you are interested in volunteering for an event, please call 508.228.0158.
Sign me up!
If you would like to participate as a Club volunteer please fill out our three piece application. Our primary concern is the safety of the kids we serve, to ensure this we require the following from our volunteers:
- Contact NBGC’s Director of Operations – Jamie Foster at 508.228.0158 or email
- Complete a volunteer application and background check
- Complete a volunteer orientation meeting
- Begin volunteering at the Club and see what a difference your time can make!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering here at the Club, we look forward to seeing you soon!