To assist, under the direct supervision of the Program Director in planning and implementing current and new programs of the Nantucket Boy’s and Girl’s Club, as well as the Boys & Girls Clubs of America programs for members.
- Introduce recreational and educational programs.
- Encourage member participation in Club activities.
- Assist the Program Director in selection of boys and girls who, because of special needs, are to be recommended to the proper referral agency.
- Respond appropriately to behavior issues as a professional in youth development.
- Be responsible for daily maintenance of program areas.
- Focus on safety of members with supervision and structured activity.
During summer months, the position shifts as a camp counselor with a variety of tasks separate from school year
High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities; superior interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature; flexible. Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Maintain close, daily contact with staff and supervisors. Mandated reporter.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Experience and knowledge of youth development
- Ability to mentor and motivate youth
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to be outdoors during all seasons
Must be available to work until 8:00pm and on weekends, including teen nights. You must be flexible as determined by the needs of the program.