DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR
Reports to: Executive Director
The Development Operations Administrator reports to the Executive Director of the Nantucket Boys & Girls Club. The Development Operations Administrator will work with the Development Officer to advance the Club’s fundraising efforts through successfully executing the responsibilities listed below.
Key Roles and Essential Job Responsibilities
•Manage the Abila database system, including: maintaining data integrity, managing mailing lists, event attendance/participation, gift records, constituent queries, and exports.
• Enter all gifts in Abila, including checks, recurring gifts, credit cards, online gifts, payroll deductions, wire transfers/EFTs, gifts-in-kind, and event purchases.
• Process all gift acknowledgement letters in a timely manner, including letters signed by the Executive Director, Board Chair, and others.
• Work with outside vendors and brokers to ensure that gifts of stock are processed and recorded correctly and according to the request of the donor.
• Generate and circulate daily reports to appropriate stakeholders within the NBGC.
• Acts as first point of contact for donors with questions about giving to the NBGC.
• Coordinate and execute pledge reminder process.
• Maintain appropriate paper and electronic filing systems with accuracy and easy retrieval of information.
• Work with the Executive Director and Development Officer to assist in the design and implementation of the Nantucket Boys & Girls Club’s Annual Fund
• Generate mail merges where appropriate for solicitations
• Track giving, generate reports, and analyze annual giving results
• Provide administrative support for the Executive Director in building a robust alumni program for former board and club members
• Coordinate development mailings with other programs of the organization.
• Provide support as necessary for the Executive Director in preparing proposals and reports to funders.
• Work closely with the auditors, as necessary, to help complete a timely and accurate financial audit.
• Provide administrative and logistical support for the operations of the Development office to achieve the goals of the organization.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Database knowledge required, preferably, in a fund raising setting
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, set high standards for accuracy and efficiency, and demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain professional, cordial relationships with the Board of Trustees, donors, Club members and the community
- Ability to handle confidential material
- Development and nonprofit organization experience preferred
- Experience with MS Office, Excel and Outlook
- Must have a strong comfort level and be consistent in punctuality, dependability and the ability to adapt to change professionally.
To assist, under the direct supervision of the Program Director in planning and implementing current and new programs of the Nantucket Boy’s and Girl’s Club, as well as the Boys & Girls Clubs of America programs for members.
- Introduce recreational and educational programs.
- Encourage member participation in Club activities.
- Assist the Program Director in selection of boys and girls who, because of special needs, are to be recommended to the proper referral agency.
- Respond appropriately to behavior issues as a professional in youth development.
- Be responsible for daily maintenance of program areas.
- Focus on safety of members with supervision and structured activity.
During summer months, the position shifts as a camp counselor with a variety of tasks separate from school year
High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities; superior interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature; flexible. Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Maintain close, daily contact with staff and supervisors. Mandated reporter.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Experience and knowledge of youth development
- Ability to mentor and motivate youth
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to be outdoors during all seasons
Must be available to work until 8:00pm and on weekends, including teen nights. You must be flexible as determined by the needs of the program.
Front Desk Coordinator
To track Club members attendance on a daily basis, ensuring accuracy of knowing when members are entering and exiting the building at all times. Acknowledge and greet all visitors of the Club and ensure each visitor has followed appropriate protocol for signing in. Responsible for answering phones and transferring calls to the appropriate staff member and/or answering any general questions regarding the Club. The Front Desk coordinator also navigates the KidTrax database when member data is required at the desk.
- Present a warm and welcoming presence to all members/guests who enter the Nantucket Boys & Girls Club
- Ensuring each member entering the Club has been registered, track members as they enter and exit the building. Always be aware of who the member is leaving the building with and their means of transportation
- File membership cards
- Keeping the Front Desk area tidy at all times
- Always be knowledgeable of all current programs and activities, in order to relay accurate information to Club member, parents and guests of the Club
- Be knowledgeable of annual Club fundraisers and events in order to answer any questions in a professional manner
- Print and make copies of Club materials; be sure that all schedules, calendars, registration forms, etc. are always available
- Be willing and able to perform other Club duties when needed:
- Programs scheduled away from the Front Desk including: art room, learning center, teen room, snack shack, outside, field trips, dances, Club and community events)
- Clean and maintain the Club and any other program sites as defined and assigned on the schedule or requested by the Executive Director, Director of Operations, Program Director and Athletic Director.
- Ensure the safety of all Club members by being aware and monitoring all members and guests who are entering and exiting the building
- Support the organization’s mission and principles
- Provide emotional support and guidance to youth
- Maintain an eye appealing and organized Front Desk area
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Experience navigating databases
- Computer literate: Microsoft office and KidTrax
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of youth development
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavioral issues
- Demonstrate ability to organize, implement and complete tasks
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision as well as efficient time management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff
- Attention to detail and confidentiality
Important Notes and Requirements
- During the summer months, the position shifts to camp counselor responsibilities and duties, with a variety of tasks and programming separate from the Front Desk
- Must be available to work until 8:00pm and on weekends and occasional late night hours during teen nights
- Candidate must be flexible as determined by the needs of the program to remain successful