Program Assistant- September,2019
To assist, under the direct supervision of the Program Director in planning and implementing current and new programs of the Nantucket Boy’s and Girl’s Club, as well as the Boys & Girls Clubs of America programs for members.
- Introduce recreational and educational programs.
- Encourage member participation in Club activities.
- Assist the Program Director in selection of boys and girls who, because of special needs, are to be recommended to the proper referral agency.
- Respond appropriately to behavior issues as a professional in youth development.
- Be responsible for daily maintenance of program areas.
- Focus on safety of members with supervision and structured activity.
During summer months, the position shifts as a camp counselor with a variety of tasks separate from school year
High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities; superior interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature; flexible. Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Maintain close, daily contact with staff and supervisors. Mandated reporter.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Experience and knowledge of youth development
- Ability to mentor and motivate youth
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to be outdoors during all seasons
Must be available to work until 8:00pm and on weekends, including teen nights. You must be flexible as determined by the needs of the program.