Reporting to the Executive Director of the Nantucket Boys & Girls Club, the Development Assistant will work to advance the Club’s fundraising efforts through successfully executing the responsibilities listed below.
Key Roles and Essential Job Responsibilities
• Enter, process, and acknowledge all gifts accurately and in a timely fashion in the Abila database
• Manage the Abila database system, along with the Development Operations Administrator, including: maintaining data integrity, managing mailing lists, event attendance/participation, gift records and constituent queries exports.
• Provide support to the Executive Director, the Director of Operations, and volunteer committees in planning, implementing logistics and print and electronic collateral, following up on all events including: the Sam Sylvia Pro-Am Golf Tournament, the Tim Russert Summer Groove, the Community Fall BBQ,. the Halloween event, Family Nights, the Easter Egg Hunt – and more.
Communications and Public Relations
• Develop, and oversee the publication and distribution of all Club print and electronic collateral including the electronic newsletter, the Annual Report, and key marketing materials
• Design and develop public relations documents for use in the promotion of fundraising and education to the public.
• Create a media calendar and implement to maintain an active and robust social media presence for the Club
• Provide administrative support for special projects such as board meetings, development and campaign committees, as necessary.
• Provide administrative and logistical support for the operations of the Development office in general as needed to achieve the goals of the organization.
• In collaboration with the Executive Director develop and implement a cultivation and stewardship program.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, set high standards for
accuracy and efficiency, and demonstrate a strong work ethic
• Outstanding communication, social media, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain professional, cordial relationships with the Board of Trustees, donors, Club members and the community Development and nonprofit organization experience preferred
• Ability to handle confidential material
• Experience with MS Office, Outlook, and databases
• Experience with Abila Fundraising 50 software or Salesforce strongly preferred
• Must have a strong comfort level and be consistent in punctuality, dependability and the ability to adapt to change professionally.
• A sense of humor is definitely required!
Program Assistant- September,2019
To assist, under the direct supervision of the Program Director in planning and implementing current and new programs of the Nantucket Boy’s and Girl’s Club, as well as the Boys & Girls Clubs of America programs for members.
- Introduce recreational and educational programs.
- Encourage member participation in Club activities.
- Assist the Program Director in selection of boys and girls who, because of special needs, are to be recommended to the proper referral agency.
- Respond appropriately to behavior issues as a professional in youth development.
- Be responsible for daily maintenance of program areas.
- Focus on safety of members with supervision and structured activity.
During summer months, the position shifts as a camp counselor with a variety of tasks separate from school year
High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities; superior interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature; flexible. Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Maintain close, daily contact with staff and supervisors. Mandated reporter.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Experience and knowledge of youth development
- Ability to mentor and motivate youth
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to be outdoors during all seasons
Must be available to work until 8:00pm and on weekends, including teen nights. You must be flexible as determined by the needs of the program.